Finished Overture


I started working on my Orchestral Suite the other morning, and to my surprise I finished the Overture.  I had been expecting to spend at least another month or so working on it, but as I worked I realized it was about ready to be finished.  I added some final touches that I felt helped close it out.  The Overture is now in the draft stages, where I may make some minor adjustments to orchestration and also where I will edit the score and the parts to get ready to have them performed.  I fell great about how it has come along, and I especially love the transition from a dark opening into a bright and peaceful finish.

Here's where this piece kind of started out at about a year ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyETPnZwCQ

And here's where it has come:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0GmL53t5go


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harmony Postlude: Mary Had a Little Lamb in Minor

We Three Kings: Free Sheet Music and Free Tutorial

Rohwer Skill Acquisition Pyramid