Viola Scale Book and Other Free Resources

After working with the BYU-Idaho Help Desk, we got our computer back up and running, and I have now put some of the promised free resources on to the blog. In addition, I have created the first edition of a Viola and a Violin Scale Exercise book which are now available at a discounted rate for purchase through lulu.com!

Violin Scale Exercise Book 2
Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

Viola Scale Exercise Book 2
Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

Some of the additions:  more scale and arpeggio stuff and more songs for the Violin section.  There are some sight reading exercises (pre-cursors to what will eventually be a sight-reading book), Frere Jacques, and my child-friendly "What Would You Do With a Tired Sailor?" (What would you do with a tired sailor?  Put him in the long-boat until he's woken.)  There's also a worksheet section which will probably expand soon, but we'll see if I have time to do it.

In addition, I'm starting to build up a few things on the Viola section.  A few songs, etc.  Most of my students have been violin, so this currently has a little less than the violin section currently does.

Are there any other resources that you've found pretty useful?  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.  Send me a message, and I'll do what I can to either find things others have done, or start putting work into creating them myself.

Some more resources still to come:  powerpoint lessons on music theory to help with a reverse homework model classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harmony Postlude: Mary Had a Little Lamb in Minor

We Three Kings: Free Sheet Music and Free Tutorial

Rohwer Skill Acquisition Pyramid: YouTube Video